02 September, 2011

Quilts in the Barn

This morning I got a phone call from my friend Simone asking if I'd like to go to the "Quilts in the Barn" at Wonga Park. Silly question!! I was only doing the housework and I could put that off for a couple of hours! Here are just some of the beautiful quilts made by Jo Morton. Beside making quilts, Jo is an author and designs quilt fabrics.This is the same quilt but in two colourways. Don't they look so different!We even got to meet Jo. She is such a lovely lady.To finish off the morning, we had a cup of coffee and I had some yummy scones. Simone was good and just had some healthy sandwiches!Here we are enjoying our cuppa, sitting in the lovely spring sun.
If you get the chance to go, you'll really enjoy yourself.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

whow what a wonderful day shared with friends,yep i would've left the housework also,lol

Linda said...

Yes, housework will still be there when you get back!
Looks like a wonderful day!

Elyte said...

Hi Christine I was there today too but I didn't see you. The place was full when we arrived but slowly the crowd dispersed and we had a lovely day meeting Jo and some old and some new friends.

Maria said...

It is always fun to go out with a friend and to a quilt show is even better.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Deffinately the better thing to do - seeing Jo Morton quilts and herself.

Maddy said...

Glad you both had fun enjoying the quilt show and each others company. I thought Simone would had a glass of wine or two we know how much she like it. lol.

Miss Hillbilly said...

Looks like you had a great time! I wish I had some quilt shows near me.