28 November, 2012

The 12 Inch Mini I Made!

This is the mini quilt I made for the 12 Inch Mini Quilt Club organised by Cheryll. My partner was Peg of Happy in Quilting. It has arrived at Peg's and I'm pleased to say that she loves it! (Phew!)
With the theme being Christmas, I had decided that I wanted to make a nativity quilt. This is my own design and I wanted to keep it simple. I had the border fabric in my stash. I thought it was so lovely that I didn't want to cut it up into smaller pieces. Sometimes less is more!
Here are a couple of Santa sacks I made up for the sister-in-law to send to her daughter and boyfriend over in England. She was going to make them herself and wanted some help. When she came she had her granddaughter (my great niece) with her. I think I got the easier job as there is a lot of running around keeping an 18 month old entertained!

14 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Lovely mini! Yes, you got the easier job with the sewing.

Michelle Ridgway said...

You did a gorgeous job.It is beautiful. What a lovely SIL you are.

Anonymous said...

i am so proud of you,this is so good,i love it Christine,why dont you make it into a pattern,i will buy it,it is so sweet.xx

Bev C said...

Hello Christine,

Your design you made up is stunning. So good to see the really meaning of Christmas being shown. Well done.

Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Christine, I do love it, you have done an amazing job, and for you to design it for me, means so much...xxx

Elyte said...

Lovely little quilt Christine. I think that you have captured Christmas perfectly.

Simone Harding said...

I love your design you are very clever.
As always your Santa sacks are great but I love the one you made me the best!!!!!!

Maria said...

Your Mini is lovely Christine.

Nice Santa sacks. Yes sewing is easier but it is such fun chasing a little one. I am off to do that tomorrow... LOL

FloS said...

Nice minis !! the one you made as well the one you got !
Florence

Nicky said...

Love your own design Christine, you clever girl! The one you received was beautiful too.... these swaps look like so much fun.

Fiona said...

you know I just love that design.... it's awesome and I hope you will be designing more....
Hugz

Mistea said...

This is one very sweet mini.
Perfect for the season.
Clever you.

Mistea said...

This is one very sweet mini.
Perfect for the season.
Clever you.

Tatkis said...

Wonderful mini quilt and such cute Christmas bags!

Hugs,
Tatyana