17 May, 2015

A Day In Geelong!

 Yesterday I caught up with all these lovely friends at the Geelong Patchwork & Quilters' Guild. We had such a wonderful time. There were some speakers. One was Kathy Doughty from Material Obsession. She was so interesting to listen to and we got to see some of her beautiful quilts.
Now I didn't get any stitching done at Friday Night's
Sew-In but I made up for it yesterday.
 
 I made my little hexagon flower for my pin cushion.
 And got a good start on this month's 
Vintage Kitchen block by Jenny.
I think this is the most stitching I have done when we all get together. As there were speakers, we had to sit quietly and listen. Usually I only get about 6 stitches done!
Our swap this time was a Gail Pan design.
I was lucky enough to get this gorgeous table runner
made by Sue (Kiwikids).
 Sue also made these two cute pin cushions.
 I made this cushion which went home with Jo (ButterZ).

Thanks for another lovely day of friendship, girls.
I'm already looking forward to our next catch up.


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine it was a wonderful day ,I enjoyed the day of friendship so much ,love this group of fun loving friends . wow I love your Gail Pan gifts that you received from Sue that table runner is gorgeous as is the pin cushions,what a fun swap this was and I sure loved the cushion you made bet you found this hard to part with,it is gorgeous,lucky Jo ,so looking forward to our next adventure xx

Kaisievic said...

Christine, such beautiful stitching all around and you were so productive! So glad that you had a good time.

Melody said...

It was a wonderful day

Karen S said...

Gorgeous stitching and a wonderful day.

Cheryll said...

It's always a wonderful day spent with those ladies...FuN !
Fantastic swap gifts too. xox

kiwikid said...

You did well with your hexie flower Christine...lovely stitcheries there...glad you like the table runner and pin cushions...the cushion you made is beautiful! Was great to catch up again with such a lovely group of friends.

Helen said...

Beautiful stitching and wow love your swap gifts from sue.

Yvonne W said...

What a lovely day together . Great gifts you have there too.

Simone Harding said...

Looked like a great day of friendship and sewing. Thanks for sharing.

Baa. xxx said...

Wow! Lovely things given and received!

Fiona said...

sounds like a good productive day..... lovely Gail Pan projects...
Hugz

Maria said...

LOL maybe you need a speaker more often sew you can stitch. lovely to be able to have a wonderful day out with your friends..

Cheryl said...

Looks like a great day Christine. Disappointed I couldn't get there

Michelle Ridgway said...

What a great day! Not to mention beautiful swap items xx

Jo said...

Yes Christine, your stitching is beautiful.,I love my cushions. Just like all the other gifts. Wonderful ...