06 February, 2021

Friday Night With Friends

 
I finished the final block of my Lillian Elizabeth's Kitchen quilt. 
This is an extra block to those of Jenny's Phyllis May's Kitchen pattern. 
I decided I would add a photo of Nanny (that's what I called her).
You may remember seeing this. It is the rough layout for my quilt. 
I'm pretty happy with this layout. Now I have to get my brain
 working to work out the final block sizes and and then calculate 
the strips of blue fabric to cut. Yesterday Mum gave me a doily 
that was Nanny's and I plan to cut the circles/flowers of the doily 
and add it to the quilt, along with some lace.
Thank you to Cheryll for host us last night. 
You can see what others got up to here.

12 comments:

Julie said...

Oh its beautiful Christine!! You have inspired me to pull mine out again - I got quite a bit done last year during our Lockdown but then ran out of puff. I love your layout too. Looking forward to seeing it come to life. xx

Maria said...

Lovely work on all your blocks and I'm looking forward to see them all together.

Lin said...

What a lovely tribute this is going to be. xx

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Wow, just gorgeous! What a wonderful tribute to your Nanny xx

Karen's Korner said...

That is coming together beautifully. I have the same memories of my grandma - aprons, teapot, scales etc.

Helen said...

Oh its going to be beautiful and wow what a wonderful tribute to your nanny.

Sharon Kwilter said...

Such pretty blocks. It's going to be stunning.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Lovely blocks, such a neat design.

Radka said...

Pretty blocks, they are going to look so sweet when put together.

Cheryll said...

It will be a lovely little quilt Christine...love it.
Thank you for sewing with us all at FNwF too...xox

Narelle said...

This quilt will be such a treasure xx

kiwikid said...

This is beautiful Christine, looking forward to seeing it together.