21 March, 2021

Woodland Stitchalong Week 7

 
Our project for week 7 of the Tilda Lovers Club 
Woodland Stitchalong was this cushion. 
Doing binding on a cushion is a first for me. 
Did a quick trip to the quilt shop for more of the red fabric this morning. 
I may just have bought another piece of Tilda home with me as well!

I've been quilting since 1993 and this is the first time 
I have ever done binding with mitred corners.  
Fee's tutorial showed just how easy it was to do. 
I know how I'll be doing my binding from now on!

10 comments:

Helen said...

Beautiful finish, lovely stitchery pattern

Kim said...

Thus cushion is gorgeous. The binding gives a lovely finish. Such a lovely finish.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

It's a really pretty cushion. Great finish!

Ondrea said...

Beautiful cushion with a very professional finish. Well done!

Lin said...

Lovely finish Christine. I do like the bound edges - faux piping I call it! Very smart. xx

Christine B said...

Your cushion is beautiful Christine and I'm so glad to hear that you managed to survive that dreadful visit to the quilt shop!!!! :D :D

Maria said...

A very pretty cushion and great to have learnt something new to you too.

Chookyblue...... said...

Hey Christine....somehow you had dropped off my blog list....so nice to find you blogging still.......lovely tilda projects you have been making........

kiwikid said...

Wonderful finish, your stitchery is so pretty.

Kaisievic said...

Oh my goodness, this is so pretty, Christine.