01 June, 2021

OPAM For May And What's Been Happening!

  
Only two finishes for this month as there's been a lot going on.
A Tilda candle mat.
 
Tilda bunny.
. 
Thanks to Kris for keeping us inspired.
 
So, what has been keeping me busy at MacDonald's Patch?
After 47 years in our house, Mum decided it was time 
to sell up and down size. She wanted to stay in the area 
and we found this lovely unit just 3 minutes away.
This, of course, meant we have to sell her house. 
We've been very busy getting it ready to put on the market. 
There is so much "stuff" after 47 years and we've only just started. 
The real clean out will be once the house is sold.
We were lucky to get two open houses in before the lockdown.
Noel and I celebrated our 26th Anniversary 
and had a couple of days in Ballarat. We had two honeymoons 
when we got married. First we went to the Cook Islands and 
then to Ballarat. We stayed at Sovereign Hill then and we did again..
We stayed in the same room that we did on our honeymoon. 
It was the front room on the left.
 We walked around some of Lake Wendouree. 
For dinner we went to The Boat Shed on the lake. 
It was lovely and we sat overlooking the water. 
We were given a complimentary glass of champagne when we arrived 
as it was our anniversay, which was a lovely surprise. 
The meal was delicious. We can highly recommend this place.
 
Went to the Conservatory in the Botanical Gardens.
 On the way home, we stopped in Ballan so I could visit 
my favourite shop, Chrissie's Timeless Treasures.
Chrissie has so many gorgeous things inside. 
Lots of vintage things, buttons, laces, crockery and new things too.
You might remember that back in February, 
Austin and Paris bought a house.
They got the keys last week and have started moving in!
On the sewing front, I've been sorting threads for 
my Heart Strings stitcheries. Not exactly sure if I'm 
going to do the Heart Strings quilt or not but I have matched the 
threads to go with my bundle of Tilda Old Rose.
I've also pulled out my Lillian Elizabeth's Kitchen 
blocks to calculate what borders I need to cut.
I think I'm all set to start cutting now.
Phew, what a long post! Hope I've haven't bored you.

4 comments:

ButterZ said...

Fantastic news about all the house selling and purchasing...

Chookyblue...... said...

Wow heaps happening..... Congrats on your anniversary...... Goodluck moving house for your mum....

Christine B said...

What a busy time you have all been having and all so positive which is great! I think it's marvellous that you have managed to get as many projects finished as you have! Hope you have a lovely week! Christine xx

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Happy Anniversary .It sounds like you had a wonderful anniversary. So glad you have a perfect place for you mom . I am sure you all will be very busy up to the move. Great little projects that you have worked on. I always enjoy your post. Have a blessed week