07 November, 2021

Tilda Windy Days Stitchalong Weeks 1 and 2

Our Tilda Lovers Club Windy Days stitchalong 
has started and we have made the first two projects. 
This new range of fabric is beautiful.

Project #1 was this table runner. 
I don't know if you can see it, but one piece of the binding 
ended up with no blue flowers showing on the front, 
just the caramel colour. Probably no-one would notice 
but I knew it was there so I unpicked it and did it again.
I needed to go buy some more of the fabric as after rejoining 
the pieces I was about 3 inches short. Fee showed us how 
to machine stitch the binding down instead of by hand. 
 This is a new technique for me and it took 3 goes 
the first time to get it right. I think I would have been 
quicker doing it by hand! LOL! Also took ages to unpick it!
I'm much happier now. Got it stitched down first go this time, yay!
Project #2 is this cute needle case.
This was a great fabric to fussy cut.
This was a fun little project.
I finished my stitchery ready for project #3. 
Now to wait for Fee to show us what we are making later today.
 

 

9 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

That needlecase is just gorgeous. I always machine my bindings down....don't tell the quilt police!!!!!!

Julie said...

Both your projects are just beautiful Christine. I watch Fees weekly videos & the needlecase really appealed to me. Some Windy days fabric might just have arrived in my mailbox this week 😉 xx

Helen said...

Gorgeous needle case, love the windy day fabric.

Ondrea said...

How true is that last stitchery!! Love your table topper and I probably would have redone it too. Once we notice things that is all we focus on lol.

Maria said...

I’m sure the table runner would have been fine but you need to do what makes you happy. 😀
The needle case is lovely and good start with the pretty stitchery for the third project…..

Lin said...

Pretty table runner and I think I would have changed the binding too! Such a sweet needlecase. xx

Christine B said...

What beautiful projects Christine I love them both! Glad you are happy now with the binding. Always important that you are happy with the finished project! Hugs Christine xx

Karen S said...

Lovely projects. And i agree, the fabric is lovely.

kiwikid said...

Beautiful projects Christine, I especially like the needle keeper and your fussy cutting.