04 August, 2022

Across The Ditch Tilda Swap (Part 2)

  
Now to share what I made for Julie.
I used Tilda Old Rose fabric range as at one time
she had mentioned it was a favourite.
First up is this sewing bag. 
The pattern was from Gail Pan's Patchwork Loves Embroidery.

Matching sewing accessories.


I added some extra Aussie goodies too. 
Yummy Caramello koalas, biscuits from Byron Bay and Australian tea.
After I had wrapped everything up and was putting them 
into the box, I realised I forgotten to add a skein of 
Cottage Garden threads that goes nicely with Tilda fabrics. 
Luckily I remembered before I taped up the box and posted it.
 
I really enjoyed making these swap gifts for Julie. 
It was made even better that we were able to face-time
each other while opening our gifts. 
After many years of "chatting" on line it was 
so wonderful to speak in person.

7 comments:

Julie said...

Yes & wasn't I just the luckiest girl alive!!! Everything was SO beautiful & I adore the Tilda Old Rose range. The choccies have long gone, the tea is delicious & the bag & accessories are getting well used. Thank You So Very much Christine - I was so thrilled with my swap goodies. xx

Lin said...

Lovely gifts for Julie - I have always liked the look of that bag pattern and of course the Tilda fabrics make it even more special. xx

kiwikid said...

You made wonderful gifts for Julie, how good to face time each other while opening.

Maria said...

Gorgeous gifts you made for Julie … lucky girl…

Karen S said...

Lots of gorgeousness all round.

Marika said...

wow, that's a nice gift. julia must have been overjoyed. the embroidery floss is so pretty. So wundervoll Gifts your Made. I have to google where I can get it in Germany
Kreative regards Marika

butterfly said...

I just read Julies blog , she asked us to pop over so here I am.
Wonderful goodies everything was beautiful .
Enjoy your day and your friendship with Julie .
From the UK hugs June.