13 December, 2022

2022 Kimberley Outback Adventure (Part 9)

We spent three days in Darwin. 
The first morning we did a Bombing of Darwin Cruise.

The commentary was fascinating. There is so much we 
were never taught in school about the bombing of Darwin.
We went into the WWII oil storage tunnels.
We visited the Darwin Military Museum.
These displays were under that huge gun.
There was a display of household items 
in Darwin homes at the time.
You can't go to Darwin and not go on a sunset cruise! 
Or so they say and I now agree with them.
 
 We enjoyed some lovely fresh prawns.....
  
and bubbles! A perfect way to end the day.

At the Mindil Beach Sunset Market. 
There was so many choices for dinner 
but it was seafood for us!
More seafood sitting on the beach watching the sunset!
Back to the market. It was such a great atmosphere.

We went to the Botanical Gardens and saw
 lots of flowers we've never seen before.
After nearly 5 weeks, I finally found some scones!
Our last night in Darwin. 
Of course we had to have seafood for dinner 
so we headed back to Stokes Hill Wharf.
After dinner, I dropped Noel, Ian and Paula off at their
 hotel and headed to the airport to catch a flight home. 
The three of them flew back to Kununurra the next morning to 
pick up Paula's car. They headed back to Broome to 
collect her caravan and then commenced the long drive back home. 
I flew home as we had the NOTYQ Quilt Show 
coming up and I was the convenor, so there was lots to do.

I hope you've enjoyed reading about our big adventure 
and I didn't bore you too much!

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!
I've got one more post to come to share with you. 
It's the project I did with the kids at Kandiwal.

No comments: