24 July, 2023

WA Road Trip (Part 2)

 
Rottnest Island, WA. 
The weather was perfect the day we chose. 
Lucky we went when we did as from then on it rained!
We hired bikes to get around the island. 
Neither of us had been on a bike for years. 
My legs were fine the next day but I had a sore bum for days! LOL!
How cute is this little fellow!
Some of the quokkas were very cheeky!
 This one had a good look in my bag.
This one got up nice and close to Noel.
 
View of Perth city from Kings Park. 
Fremantle Markets since 1897.
 We spent two weeks in Perth, staying with my cousins, 
one in Kalamunda and one in Bullsbrook. Mum also flew over
 so we had a bit of a family reunion. 
We were also planning to visit Maria from Life On The Block 
as we were only 300kms away instead of 3662km from here. 
Unfortunately Maria and her hubby were both unwell and 
we weren't able to go. Maria and I were so disappointed 
as we had been looking forward to catching up in 
person and giving each other a real hug, not a virtual one!
Oh well. We'll just have to go back 
or they'll have to come over here - or both!

Wave Rock, Hyden. 
I used to watch "Nature's Walkabout" when I was a child 
and this was on the introduction. I always wanted to go there. 
This is the second time I've been but a first for Noel.
Sunset on the top of Wave Rock.

Halfway across Australia, Kimba SA.

One more post to come!

4 comments:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

What an amazing adventure you have been having , Christine. Wave Rock is fabulous.

Tarnyia said...

You stayed in Bullsbrook... 12 minutes from me as I live in Lower Chittering just up the road.
Loving see you in blogland and all your photos, what a wonderful trip xxx

dq said...

I loved every photo and description of your trip. Thanks for letting me read along the way. The wave rock is so unique.

Chookyblue...... said...

would love to see wave rock one day.......