23 July, 2023

WA Road Trip (Part 1)

 Eight weeks, 4 states and 11,384kms! 
What a fabulous trip we had. 
The welcoming party, aka Molly and Rex, were very happy to see us!
 
 As you can imagine, I've taken hundreds of photos. 
I'm just sharing some of them. It's taken me several days to get 
my photos uploaded onto the computer as my icloud
 had filled up and I had no more space. 
 
In their last update, unbeknownst to me, 
Apple changed setting on the phone for the photos to be high 
efficiency (not jpeg) and if you don't have an Apple Mac, 
you can't see your photos until you download some program. 
 I would normally just download using my phone cord. 
Anyway, after deleting hundreds of photos from icloud, 
my other photos eventually uploaded to icloud 
and I have everything on my computer.
 
By the way, I did discover something else. 
I always copy the photos in my icloud and save them in folders 
on my computer. Then I would also back them up on a portable hard drive.  
Well, when I deleted the old icloud photos from back in 2013/2014, 
it also deleted those photos I had copied into folders on my computer!
 Lucky I still have them on the portable drive. 
For some reason, after I deleted photos I went back to the folders to 
check and that's when I discovered this. 
Thought I would warn others in case you do the same as me.
 
First stop Port Fairy. 
This is our little home away from home!
 
Innes National Park - Yorke Peninsula, SA.

Innes National Park - Yorke Peninsula, SA.
 
Point Labatt Conservation Park sealion colony, SA. 
You can see the sealions on the top right hand side of the sandy area.

The photo you have to get! Near Yalata, SA.

Nullabor Plain, SA.

Head of the Great Australian Bight, SA.
 
When you have no phone coverage you have to call back 
home the old fashioned way! Nullabor Roadhouse, SA.
 Sunrise at Nullabor Roadhouse, SA.

Nullabor Roadhouse, SA.

The sign says it all!
 Esperance, WA.

Lucky Bay, Cape Le Grand National Park, WA.

Oldest dwelling in Western Australia, Albany WA.
Lots of lovely old things to see in here.

 National ANZAC Centre, Albany WA. Well worth a visit here.

Whales near the blowholes, Torndirrup National Park near Albany, WA


Explored Ngilgi Cave, 
Leeuwin-Cape Naturaliste National Park, WA.
 
More to come next post!


2 comments:

Julie said...

Lovely to see you post Christine. I have followed along on your big trip on Instagram. I have been to several of those places you have shown including living & working on the Nullabor when I was 18! I even had the proverbial photo taken under the sign. Your photos are great & will be such a wonderful momento of exploring your amazing Country. xx

Chookyblue...... said...

looks wonderful.........you got to do lots of things........