01 October, 2021

A Surprise Gift and OPAM For September!

On Wednesday, we found a lovely surprise in our letterbox. 
 A Community Jar of Joy!
 There is a group on Facebook who have started dropping 
jars of joy at houses. The idea is you (if you want to)
then refill a jar and pass one onto another stranger to brighten their day.

This is the post they put up when they dropped our jar into 
the letterbox. And why mention "Where's Wally"? 
Can you see Wally on the sign? Shops and houses around 
Diamond Creek have Where's Wally pictures in their 
windows for children to find. As you can't see our windows from 
the road, we put ours on our MacDonald's Patch sign.

 
Haha. Our letterbox is now their cover photo!
This card was in the jar, along with some biscuits, 
a coffee sachet and tea bag. 
Maybe you could do this where you live. 
Here is the link to the Community Jar of Joy page.
Now for my OPAM report. Six tea towels.
Glamorous gloves.
Folding shopping bag.
So that's 8 finishes for September.
 
Thanks to Kris for keeping us inspired.

A little side story. 
My lovely friend Jennifer of Elefantz recently 
told me she couldn't read my blog. Her Nortons security 
was blocking my blog telling her it was a dangerous website! 
Very strange as Jennifer has been reading my blog for years.
Anyway, I submitted a review of my url to Nortons. 
This is their response - "Based on your recommendation and 
after careful evaluation of the Web content submitted, 
a Web Content Analyst has recategorised this URL as Personal Sites. 
I wonder what they had me classified as 
and why it was changed to that!

5 comments:

Maria said...

What a lovely idea pass a jar of goodies along to others in your neighbourhood….
Beautiful finishes this month….
Weird Norton re-classified you? Hope it’s sorted.

Julie said...

That Community Jar of Joy is such a wonderful idea Christine. Just so special in these tricky times we are all living through. Your letter box looks great! Regarding the Nortons security notice ... I have gone to read some of my favourite blogs from time to time & that notice has popped up - I don't think they have a clue what they are doing some of the time!!

Karen S said...

The jars are a great idea. Very thoughtful.

Jindi's Cottage said...

What a lovely idea...wonder what treasures you'll refill it with...good to know you are no longer a threat to the online community, what the!...

Chookyblue...... said...

What a great idea...... And I love the where's Wally pics.....
Norton's had done some quiet stuff. I just got continue onto the sight and you get thru. I was reporting some as safe but I got sick of it...... No idea how it came about.....