18 April, 2022

A Little Getaway and Some Lavender

Noel and I headed up to Beechworth for a few days. 
We camped at Ian (Noel's brother) and Beverley's place. 
We wanted to test out the solar and other things that we 
have added to the camper so we will be able to go off grid.
We took Mum with us. Here we are enjoying the sunset.
Along with some wine and nibbles.

 We went to Stanley for some delicious scones 
with cream and homemade jam.
The trees are all changing colours.  
There were lots of orange and gold ones too.
  I needed a small birthday gift for Beverley 
as we were there on her special day.
Beverley loves chickens and lavender. This Tilda Little Farm 
fabric was perfect for making lavender sachets.
And because he's just so cute, here's Ralph enjoying 
some special doggy Easter treats!

8 comments:

Kim said...

How lovely to get away and enjoy some of the lovely Victorian countryside. In my younger days my husband and I road tripped around Victoria quite a bit and Beechworth was always a favourite destination. I remember there being a fabulous quilting shop in the town. I wonder if it is still there?? Those lavender sachets must smell divine. Such pretty Tilda fabric.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Great way to test the camper enhancements...glad you found some scones!...lovely bundle of lavender sachets...

kiwikid said...

Wonderful to get away for a change of scenery and lovely your Mum could go too. The lavender sachets made a beautiful present.

Lin said...

Lovely to get away for the weekend. I hope everything worked OK. Lovely stack of lavender bags. xx

Maria said...

A lovely get away and nice to have also taken Mum.
Pretty lavender sachet for Beverly.
I love mine and think of you each time I change my sheets .I have put some of lavender sachets between my clean sheets in the cupboard.

Karen S said...

Looks like you had a lovely spot.
We were there 2 weeks ago and are going back again this week. Such a pretty spot.
That is a lovely idea with the lavender. I can imagine how nice the perfume is from it.

Christine B said...

Looks like you had a wonderful getaway Christine! Hugs Christine xx

Chookyblue...... said...

how nice to get away for a short trip.......scones sounds great........