19 April, 2022

My Vintage Inspired Dress

 
I did get the zip in and finish my dress!
I love the V back.
 
 Although the dress looks blue in the above photos, 
it is more a jade green. Hard to get a true colour in the photo.
 I don't have an invisible zip foot for my machine, only a normal one. 
Actually I didn't even know there was such a thing and I found it a 
bit awkward sewing it in properly. I met with the Chit Chat Crafters 
last week and sought some advice from my dressmaker friend Sally. 
 She showed me how to hand stitch the zip and before I knew it, 
the zip went in perfectly! Sally also fitted the dress 
for me but it didn't even need any alteration so I must have 
got my measurements right and made the right size.
 
I'm so happy with how it turned out. 
In fact, I think I'm going to buy some more fabric 
and make myself another one!
Can't believe I'm saying that. LOL!
I did see some lovely rose fabric last time 
I was at Spotlight that would be nice for a dress.



14 comments:

ButterZ said...

That’s a lovely style dress and it really suits you. Welldone with the fitting.

Karen S said...

Your dress is gorgeous and looks lovely on you.

Ondrea said...

Well done girl! It looks beautiful especially with the gorgeous model.

Karen's Korner said...

You did a great job on the dress especially putting in the zip. They always seem to present a problem for many of us.

Maria said...

Your dress looks lovely and I’m surprised you aren’t making the next one in Tilda fabrics!

Kim said...

Your dress is lovely, Christine and it looks fabulous on you. Love the cut of the skirt.

Christine B said...

What a lovely dress Christine. I love the fabric and it is a very pretty shape. Hugs Christine xx

Julie said...

It looks wonderful Christine & that style really suits you. Good on you - I dislike sewing zips so much.

ishikasingh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kiwikid said...

Beautiful dress Chirstine, it really suits you well done with the zip.

Raewyn said...

Well done on the dressmaking Christine - the dress looks lovely on you :-)

Cheryll said...

It looks great Christine. A job well done...xox

Jindi's Cottage said...

It's lovely and fits you perfectly...well done I"m sure it will get a lot of outings...

Chookyblue...... said...

the dress looks great.....congrats and good luck making another one.....