18 September, 2011

A Play with my Baby Go!

I finally had a chance to play with my new Baby Go! I cut out about 18 flowers in just a few seconds. There was a little preparation done first so that took some extra time.I ironed Vliesofix onto the back of the fabric first and cut the fabric to fit over the three sizes of the flower dies I wanted to use. I removed the backing paper prior to cutting. Next I layered 6 pieces of fabric over the blades and hey presto, 18 flowers cut out and ready to be ironed onto background fabric!Now for some experimenting with laying out the flowers. I'll have to think about what I'll do with them. I can't imagine how long it would have taken me to cut all those flowers out!

5 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Oh...lucky you Christine, I have been thinking about buying one of these.....enjoy, let me know how it all goes...

shez said...

what fun you are having Christine i will look forward to seeing what you make,well done

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Glad you played with your new toy - look forward to seeing your flower project.

Anita said...

Hi Christine,
What a handy gadget you have there! I want one...er...need one. Lovely project you are doing. Kind regards, Anita.

Maria said...

What a wonderful toy.
Pleased you got the time to have a play.