19 January, 2012

Wild About Fabric and a prize

 You may remember last year I posted about my brother being the costume designer for Wild Boys (see this post). Here at MacDonald's Patch, we loved watching the show. Unfortunately, Channel 7 cancelled the show as it cost too much to produce. Looking at the bright side, Neville had some of the quilting fabrics he used to make the girls' dresses left over. I was the lucky recipient. I was expecting just some scraps but received larger pieces
 My favourite is the pink one. There is about 7 metres of it so I should also be able to use it for backing. Will have to find a good pattern to use. The other pieces are about 2 metres each. So my stash has certainly grown.
 Speaking of my stash growing, this is the lovely package I received from Leona of Leona's Quilting Adventure I won in her Sew Mama Sew Giveaway Day. A charm pack, two half yards of lovely red fabrics, sewing machine needles, thread, post-it notes and a little note pad.
Tomorrow is the next Friday Night Sew-In organised by Heidi and Bobbi. You can sign up here.

6 comments:

Fiona said...

How fun to have fabrics from Wild Boys... whatever you make will have a wonderful story with it... we enjoyed the show too... pity it ended....
Hugz

Cheryll said...

Love the new look.. lots of wonderful fabric amongst that lot too! :)

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh yes, just love the new look of your header and blog page! Congrats on the fabric haul, so super and I think that pink is just a delight, too. Enjoy!

Maria said...

WOW!!! See you did it and your new look is fabulous.
How lucky are you to have been given such a great stash of special fabrics from your bro. I loved the show too.
Nice win at Leona's too.

Jo in TAS said...

I'm so disappointed there won't be another series, I'm sick of cop shows and anything "reality". Wild Boys was fresh and entertaining, so sad. Lucky you though to score all that fabric!! Love that pink floral and the red one....YummY!!

Miss Hillbilly said...

Well, at least he was famous for a time. ::