Thanks for everyone's suggestions with the
colour running in my quilt.
I got some of the colour catchers and
most of the run has now gone.
There were two sections that the run didn't go away.
A bit on the green spot here.
This was left when I did the first wash
with the colour catchers.
I did a second wash and basted the catcher over the top of the section. You can see a little more dye came out.
Quite a lot came out in the first wash. The second pair is actually a very pale pink. The bottom catcher is to show you the original colour. Melody and elliek also suggested using plain Greek yoghurt so I'm going to get some and try to get those last little bits out. The yoghurt won't hurt the quilt
so I might as well give it a try.
It's been a long time since I last did any cross stitch.
The last one was I did was this one in 1996
when I was expecting Mitchell.
When I saw Corey at LMS/Adventures in Quilting was hosting a Quilty Stitches Sampler Along, it made me want to try my hand at it again.
These are the colours I have chosen to use.
I think what got me in was the first block - "Swoon"!
The centre is actually a pink, not red.
It took me a bit of the while to get back into the swing of cross stitch. There have been quite a few crosses unpicked when miscounting. But I think I've got the hang of it again. Block 1 is now finished just in time
for Corey to give us Block 2.
A sneak peek of my Dresden plate for our
Friends Having Fun Swap because Fiona loves peeks!
If you are visiting here for the Grow Your Blog Party
and giveaway, head to this post.