17 April, 2014

Pioneer Women's Hut (Part 2)



There were many household items to see. 
 
 Don't you just love covered jugs!
I just love these tea towels.They were made by a Marie Grove. She started a Glory Box when she was about 
ten years old. She kept the tea towels in that box 
and they were never used.
 

The stitching on these was so neat.
 For the laundry.
 
How cute are those pegs!
 Needle cases.
 Lots of embroidery.
 Doily holders.
 Sewing notions.
This spinning wheel was used during World War I to spin wool for making socks and scarves for soldiers.
A needle case.
I hope you've enjoyed seeing just some of the many items at the Pioneer Women's Hut. If you ever get the chance, 
it is well worth the visit.

14 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

That is one amazing display Christine, thank you so much for sharing.....

marina said...

thanks for the tour, enjoyed seeing the quilts and their stories, and the lovely handcrafts done by these women.

Anonymous said...

Thankyou Christine for sharing I found it all very interesting and I really loved those tea towels and milk jug covers.xx

Fiona said...

so fun.. and i enjoyed seeing that so many of those we have revived... though I have not come across doily holders (I suppose we use block holders) and bottle covers being made these days...
Hugz

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Thank you for sharing. hugs

Helen said...

Lovely photos and history lesson thank you, very interesting !!

Wendy said...

Looks like a lovely holiday and lots of beautiful things to see at the Pioneer Hut.

Cheryll said...

Thanks for taking me along with you! HappY EasTeR :)

Cheryl said...

Can't decide which "vignette" I loved best Christine - they are all gorgeous and those tea towels are just lovely

Karen said...

They have collected some great items. Wonderful work.

Noela said...

This looks like an interesting place to visit. Hugs.....

Gina E. said...

Thanks for telling me about this post today Christine, otherwise I might have missed it (although I don't miss much on your blog,lol). I'm drooling over the collection there, but not just the items - I have enough of my own (and all of them different to these). I want mine to have a permanent home like these! Where can I find someone to build me a Pioneer Hut in Eltham???

Michelle Ridgway said...

What a treat Christine. Loved seeing it all. The jug covers were beautiful.... bit partial to those!

Jindi's Cottage said...

Great look into the Pioneers Womens Hut...when I drove by last year it was too late in the day to go in which was disappointing, must get back up there and take a look...