31 March, 2015

A Nearly 20 Year Old UFO Finished!

It's the end of March and I only have one finished item. 
I've been pretty busy working on the NOTYQ raffle 
quilt and some other secret sewing.
You may remember this post in February when I found a very old project and then went looking for the fabrics I'd put away for it. Well, I also came across this pin cushion. I think it was a work shop we did at NOTYQ about 20 years ago. I finished my first one and had decided to make another. The cushion was all cut out and I had the hexagon all stitched on. It just needed to be put together. The colour is actually more green like the cotton reel at the front.

So there you have it. 
A 20 year old UFO as my OPAM!

Thanks to Peg and Kris for hosting OPAM.

18 comments:

Maria said...

Well done Christine...its a lovely pincushion and a fabulous finish..

Cheryll said...

Well that should count for double...lol
I bet it feels GReaT to have it out of its hiding spot too after all those years. Well done! xox

Bev C said...

Hello Christine,

Oh it is lovely, congrats on finishing it for OPAM.

Happy days.
Bev.

Christine B said...

Hello Christine! Congratulations on getting your pincushion finished after all this time! :) xx

Valspierssews said...

It looks lovely. The fabrics have kept well. I don't think the style gives a clue as to how old it is. It seems quilting and patchwork is timeless :)
valspierssews@gmail.com

marina said...

how lovely! it's a great finish

Baa. xxx said...

20 years! That's amazing - great finish!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Totally awesome finish Christine xx

Karen S said...

A long wait but a great finish.

Anthea said...

Good on you Christine, it has a great story already... I'm curious, how do the reels stay in place ?

Josie said...

There should be an award for finishing an 'antique' UFO :) It's so pretty. I'm curious too about how those reels stay in place. Great finish...xxx

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Christine, that is beautiful! There are no UFOs too old are there... xxx

Fiona said...

HAHA..... wonderful... a great finish...
Hugz

Rosie said...

That looks lovely and so useful at the same time. Well done.

Melody said...

Wow, a twenty year old UFO, a long time between stitches but a lovely finish

Ondrea said...

LOL better late than never hehehehe. Looks gorgeous. ( I am rather fond of pincushions.)

Gina E. said...

Oh, well done! Finishing a UFO is always good, but when it is a really old one, it's even better! Such a pretty pin cushion too. You do make the most beautiful things:-)

Heirlooms by Ashton House said...

What a gorgeous pincushion, Christine! Was it difficult to make? I love the teal color.