08 August, 2017

Friday Night With Friends On Retreat

Friday saw Mel and I head off to our annual NOTYQ Retreat at Myrniong. So our Friday Night With Friends was also Saturday and Sunday With Friends! 
 
First stop - morning tea two minutes down the road from Mel's place! We visited a few shops along the way and we both were very good and didn't really buy anything. Just one of those "nothing jumped out" days.
This was the project I started on Friday night. It is "My Time, My Place Caddy" by Anni Downs of Hatched and Patched.
 This is my first attempt at needle turn applique. For over twenty years I have always done buttonhole applique. I managed to stitch the first two trees Friday night.
By Sunday afternoon I had finished all the applique. 
Now I've just the stitchery part to go.
It was so lovely spending time with Mel as we hadn't been able to catch up since April! We had a wonderful time. 

Speaking of Mel, did you know she has a new blog? 
It is called Melody Matilda and you can find it here.
You can see what everyone else got up to for FNWF here.

11 comments:

Maria said...

I really like the fabrics you have used for the pretty needle turn on your project..
Thought I hadn't seen Mel and you out and about for awhile. Nice you could spend a whole weekend together..

ellieshomemadehome.blogspot.com said...

Your applique is beautiful. I also recently started with needleturn applique and the results are lovely. Thanks for sharing :)

Jo said...

Good work with the needle turn

Anthea said...

What a lovely weekend Christine... well done on the needleturn, it looks great, what a fun project!
Thanks for the link to Mel's new blog.
x

kiwikid said...

Retreats are always wonderful aren't they! Your applique looks lovely.

Karen S said...

This looks like a lovely way to spend the weekend. Well done with the needle turn. Did you enjoy it and will you do it again?

Janet said...

Isn't it lovely spending time stitching with friends. Your needle turn applique looks good. I love needle turn so much more than the other kind.

Anne Ida said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time :-) Love your appliqué project.

Baa. xxx said...

Love your needleturn project!

newsurfiegirl said...

Looks like you had a great weekend! Amazing job on the needle turn!

Pieced Brain Quilt Designs said...

First time? That needle turn applique' looks like it was made by a pro!!! So glad I have not featured mine on the blog (yikes). :-)