22 January, 2018

Ahoy There, Me Mateys!

 This is a quilt I have made for our great nephew who is due next month. He will have a bit of a rough start as he will be transferred to the Royal Children's Hospital as soon as he is born for major heart surgery. But we know he will be in good hands.
 I went looking for a charm pack but couldn't really find any suitable for a boy 
(there plenty of girly ones to choose from though!). Then I remembered seeing
 this "Pirate Mateys" layer cake at Clair's Fabrics in Warrandyte.
I just backed it in matching blue fabric and quilted the squares.
Couldn't really find any pirate fabric that matched nicely. 
The blue is more like the blue pirate ship square in the photo. 

8 comments:

kiwikid said...

Great quilt Christine, I am sure it will be much loved. Best wishes to the little one when he comes.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love it ❤️

Jo said...

That's a rough start to life. Hope all goes well. I'm sure your family has so much love it will help and so will the beautiful quilt to keep him warm.

Anthea said...

Darling little fellow will be well-covered in quilty love from you with this Christine... I wish him successful surgery & a sound recovery so he can be home with his family. Such a worrying time but the plan sounds very well organised.

Karen S said...

This is a great quilt for a baby boy.
And our best wishes to his family for his operation.

Christine B said...

It is beautiful Christine. Just perfect! I hope that the surgery goes well for him. Christine x

Pidgeon Patch said...

wow... baby will love the quilt... he is the best care sending all my best wishes...

Helen said...

Great quilt...I hope all goes well with the surgery.