14 August, 2021

Scrumptious Friends!

 
Back in 2013, my lovely NOTYQ friends gave me a bundle 
of the then newly released Scrumptious range 
by Bonnie and Camille for my 50th birthday. 
I admired it for a long time before deciding what to make with it.  
I finally decided on a hexagon quilt using half hexagon templates. 
I spent ages sorting out the layout. 
Then covid hit. Mum and I were in Port Douglas (Queensland) 
and raced back home before the borders closed and
self isolated for two weeks at her place.  
I got Noel to bring me my sewing machine 
and all my sewing stuff. Lucky I had everything 
together so it was easy for him to find.
I was so glad I had everything ready to start putting my 
quilt together as I had plenty of time to sew.
I got the top put together in five days. 
It would have taken longer at home as I would 
have had other "housey" things to do!
Later in the year when we were in lockdown again,
 I was on-line and found some meterage of
 one of the fabrics to use for backing. 
I was amazed as the range was 7 years old.
I finally got it quilted in between another 
lockdown and picked it up in June.
Tada! It's finally finished. 
I have called it "Scrumptious Friends".
I just love the colours.
  
It was actually finished it a few weeks ago 
but I've only just got around to taking photos.
I'm so happy with how this turned out.
There's still lots of the fabric left. 
Maybe one day I'll have a granddaughter 
and I'll make her a quilt with it.

13 comments:

Lin said...

Its gorgeous Christine and I adore that beautiful backing fabric. xx

ButterZ said...

How wonderful to have a breautiful finish

Maria said...

Such a fantastic gift and you’ve made a gorgeous quilt with it….
Maybe one day you will have a granddaughter and the fabric will make her a pretty quilt too.

Christine B said...

What an absolutely fabulous quilt Christine and your friends will be delighted to see what you made with their scrumptious gift! Have a lovely weekend! Christine xx

Karen S said...

Great to see you have made the most of quite a few of our lock downs.
Your quilt has turned out really well and is a gorgeous finish.

Fiona said...

Really pretty quilt and bonus to have enough fabric for another...
Hugz

Julie said...

Scrumptious Friends is absolutely beautiful Christine - gosh you must be so chuffed to be finished it. It looks amazing!! xx

Kim said...

Christine, your Scrumptious Friends hexie quilt is a vision splendid! Those fabrics are gorgeous and the backing fabric is perfect. Congratulations on such a gorgeous finish. It looks beautiful on your lovely bed. Such a lovely bedroom, too.

Helen said...

It looks wonderful on your bed, great finish.

kiwikid said...

That is beautiful Christine and perfectly named. Wonderful finish.

Ondrea said...

How wonderful making a quilt in between lockdowns at its various stages. Us crafters find it easy to fill in the time. It looks beautiful. Lol, I made a quilt hoping to give it to a granddaughter one day and was blessed with 2 gorgeous grandsons! Looks like it shall be put away for a great grand daughter lol.

Chookyblue...... said...

wow this truely is scrumptious........and what precious memories to get to this point of your quilt finished......fabric gift from friends.......special time with your mum in lockdown.......and yes it would not have got made if you had been at home.........

Dawn said...

What a Beautiful quilt and so big. Thank goodness we had lockdown to get all those projects finished. Gotta look on the bright side