20 March, 2023

A Tilda Swap

Dawn at Kitty Rose Cottage recently organised a 
Favourite Tilda Fat Quarter Swap. We each sent her a fat quarter 
of our favourite Tilda fabric which Dawn then forwarded 
to a mystery partner who then made a swap gift using that fat quarter.
 We could also add extra fabric to what we were making. 
This is the fabric my partner Kerry sent. Isn't it gorgeous! 
It was from the Bumblebee range. 
Straight away I knew I wanted to make her Gail Pan's 
"Happily Ever After Sewing Bag" from her book 
Patchwork Loves Embroidery.
 
Instead of using Gail's stitchery, I did Kerry's initial using 
the "Stitcher's Alphabet" by Michelle Ridgeway.
  
I remembered I had these cute little heart charms so added one.
Kerry loved her bag!
 
This was my fat quarter that was sent to Julie (it was not a direct swap). 
It is from the Tilda Old Rose range. 
The colour is more like this than the photos below.
 
I received a lovely project pouch from Julie. 
It has a plastic front so you can easily see what's inside.

With the scraps, Julie made me a luggage tag. 
This is perfect as Noel and I are heading to Scotland later in the year!

10 comments:

Astrid said...

What a fun swap! Adorable fabric and such a pretty drawstring bag. Love the pouch too.

Ondrea said...

Great swap and beautiful projects.

Maria said...

You made a gorgeous bag for Kerry out of her FQ. Love the embroidered initial and added charm.
Kerry made you perfect gifts which you can take along on your travels.

Christine B said...

What beautiful projects Christine. Both the one that you made and the one you received. Love all the Tilda fabrics of course!! Have a great week! Christine xx

loulee said...

Lovely swaps.

Julie said...

Beautiful swap projects both given AND received Christine. I have been the lucky recipient of one of your gorgeous project bags & I just adore mine & cart it everywhere with me! Thank You !

kiwikid said...

Wonderful swaps and great projects.

Deb said...

what an excellent idea for a swap and the projects received are just stunning fabulous care and workmanship! well done!

Karen S said...

The stitching bag you made is lovely. And the swap gift you received in return is great too. What a lovely swap.

Sharm said...

This looks such fun for such a talented lady like yourself! I love the bag you made and I’m actually after a couple of books atm so will check out those you mentioned!