18 March, 2024

A Baby Quilt Plus Two More!!

I have a niece expecting and it was her baby 
shower last Saturday. As they don't know what they are
 having I made the quilt for either a boy or girl.
I bought a few metres of this Australian animal fabric last year. 
I thought it was very cute with kangaroos, wombats and echidnas.
The fabrics aren't really showing up well, 
they are more gelato colours.
When I was going through my photos I realised
 that I hadn't posted about the twin baby quilts 
I made last year for my lovely next door 
neighbour Chelsea's baby shower. 
It was a couple of days before we left 
for our big WA road trip 
and I just didn't get a chance to blog about them.
They now belong to Bernard and Eugene.
The colour shows up better in this photo.
I bound one quilt in green and the other in yellow
so boys will know which one is theirs.
Noel and I often have the boys for an hour or so 
to give Chelsea a bit of a break. 
They are nine months old now. 
We had them for a whole day a couple of weeks ago. 
I don't know how Chelsea does it on her own! 
That's Chester, their dog. 
We took him for a walk too as he doesn't get out much!
This is Bernard.
And this is Eugene.
Our favourite neighbours!
 (sorry Chelsea and David!)

10 comments:

Kim said...

Aww...Bernard and Eugene are adorable. How lovely of you, Christine, to make the lovely quilts for them. The fabric is sweet with all those Australian critters. It's fabulous you and your husband are next door to give a helping hand when needed. Very soon they will be toddling over to spend fun times with you.

kiwikid said...

Beautiful quilts Christine and good on you for helping out the new Mum next door, I am sure it is very much appreciated.

Lin said...

Great quilts, that fabric is lovely. Cute little boys. xx

Maria said...

All those baby quilts are gorgeous.
The boys are adorable and so nice you are able to give Mum a break and also get in practice for when your grandies come along.😀

Karen S said...

Great quilts and gorgeous babies.
Love the use of Australiana fabrics.
How lovely to be able to spend time with the babies from next door.

Ondrea said...

Lovely quilts and cute children. They bring so much joy.

Janice said...

They are such an effective baby quilt. It’s lovely that you can help out Chelsea and have some fun times with the boys.

dq said...

I really like your idea of binding them in different colors so they can tell which one belongs to which baby. Cute little guys!

Chookyblue...... said...

all simple lovely quilts........and nice to be able to quickly grab the twins for a short time......

Julie said...

Those wee boys are delightful!! I can see why you enjoy spending time with them. Gosh she has a big task looking after them on her own. The quilts you made are just so special Christine. xx