03 March, 2010

Silvia's Butterfly Garden

Yesterday was my sister-in-law Silvia's 50th birthday. Seven years ago she saw a little butterfly hanging I had made for one of Mitchell's kinder friends for her 5th birthday. Silvia said she would like one too and I could make it for her 50th!

Just before Christmas I realised that the big day would be soon here. Silvia had forgotten what she asked me for but I hadn't. I decided that I wouldn't make the same butterfly hanger but decided to make this instead.Here are a couple of close-ups of the embroidery.

The pattern is Butterfly Garden from Leanne's House by Leanne Beasley. I just picked out six blocks to make up the hanging.

1 comment:

manda said...

Oh Christine!!! This is just gorgeous!! Silvia must be wrapped with her present!!! Well done!