21 July, 2011

A trip to the Zoo and Christmas in July!

Tuesday was the last day of holidays for the boys. Mitchell was having a sleep-over at Nana and Pa's and Austin was spending the day with a friend, so Nelson and I headed off to the zoo. It was very quiet as most of the other school had gone back and the sun even came out which was lovely.Nelson loves the butterfly house and one landed on his finger. It was lovely and warm in there.The platypus was up on the log which you don't often get to see. He's usually swimming around. Sorry the photo's a bit dark but there's no flash photography in the platypus house.I was lucky enough to win a prize from Lynn of Blue bird Quilts in her Christmas in July giveaway.Lynn had made this lovely felt Christmas Wreath. There was also a pair of lovely gingerbread Christmas tree ornaments and the loveliest Christmas card. Thank you Lynn. I'm looking forward to putting this up as Christmas time.

I thought I'd let you know of a great blog Tonya of Hillbilly Handiworks shared. It's the Quilting Library. It gives you lots of links for patterns, tutorials, tips, websites and projects.

No sewing pictures to show you. I've sorted the last row of 5 rings for my DWR and started piecing them. Worked some more on my Santa Sack pressies for Maria. I've also finished my Mystery Challenge Pincushion for the North of the Yarra (NOTYQ) Quilt Exhibition coming up in October. I'll tell you more about the closer to the time. After the exhibition I'll be able to show you my pin cushion!

6 comments:

Cheryll said...

Nice WiN! Good for you! :)

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Congratulations on your seasonal winnings. I have always loved zoos - and some 1 on 1 time is always great too.

Anonymous said...

Lovely post Christine and congrats on your win,its was a lovely parcel to receive

Maria said...

Congratulations on the win.
Looks like a fun day at the zoo.

Anonymous said...

Hello Christine, glad the package arrived safe and sound....congratulations...Warm Regards, Lyn....when the weather is warmer I hope to visit the zoo...would love to see the baby elephant...Mali.I bet she has grown..

Miss Hillbilly said...

Nelson is a cutie...look at that smile. Watch those girls someday!