17 March, 2013

How Annoying!

 Don't you just hate it when you are on a roll and you realise you have forgotten something? I have decided to make a banner with my Merry Mistletoe stitcheries that Michelle shared with us last year. I cut out the bindings and then started sewing away very happily. When I had sewn the seventh piece on I realised my mistake.
I had forgotten to back the stitcheries before adding the binding!  My plan was to quickly sew the bindings on and then that would be another hand project ready to stitching. Well, the binding is all unpicked and I'd better go see what I can use for backing!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh no,i feel your pain,hope it all unravels quickly for you.xx

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

woops :( you will be back on track in no time. hugs

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

Oh well....#*%^happens.

Cheryl said...

Don't you just hate that - all that time wasted. But love the stitcheries in blue

Mistea said...

Your stitcheries look gorgeous in. Blue. Now you get to play with them some more!
Enjoy getting the binding on, with backing.

Leanne said...

Oh dear, don't worry Christine we all make mistakes, You will be sewing that binding down soon.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love the blue Christine. What a shame you had a glitch assembling it. Such a pain when that happens.

Noela said...

Don't you just hate that when it happens. Hugs....

Heather said...

I did some unstitching last evening, though mine was due to sewing too many patches as I had miscalculated. oh well it does happen but hopefully not too often,

Maria said...

Yep I do hate that and do things like that ALL the time..
Bet you have it all fixed now

Fiona said...

oooops...
Hugz

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Bugger..hope it all worked out...

Bev C said...

Oh darn, thankfully you are not the only one who has done that. Hope you have found some lovely backing fabric and all is well now Christine.

Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Wendy said...

Oh dear, the stitcheries are gorgeous though!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Oh man. Don't worry sweets. We've all been there and done that for sure! They are really pretty in the blue. Love them.
xx

Cheryll said...

Oooohhhhh noooooo! I bet you won't do that again so a good lesson was learned! :(