01 August, 2014

Friday Night With Friends (and Saturday & Sunday too!)

It's Friday Night With Friends that is going to go on for the whole weekend! Mel and I are off on retreat with NOTYQ.
 
I've got all my sewing things packed. My main project will be to start the quilting on my Double Wedding Ring quilt. Yes, finally after sitting basted for two years, I'm going to start!

I'll be picking Mel up around 9am and we'll head off to Ballarat. We'd better pack our snow gear as it's supposed to be freezing today! After spending the day sightseeing checking out the quilt shops, we'll be heading back to Lake Dewar Lodge at Myrniong. Three days of no cooking or housework. Yeah! I can even get up and start sewing before breakfast. You can't do that at home!
Thanks to Chez, our wonderful hostess. 
See who else is joining in on the fun here.

Have a great weekend everyone.
I know Mel and I are going to have a fabulous time!
 

20 comments:

Kim said...

Have fun. Stay warm and drive safe.

Chookyblue...... said...

have a fabulous weekend...........

Anonymous said...

Have fun my lovely friends and safe travels,enjoy your day in Ballarat .xx

Elyte said...

A little bit jealous here. Have a wonderful time.

Maria said...

What fun to picking up Mel, doing some shopping together and then to spend three days just sewing.... Have the best time .......

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend. Enjoy..

Karen said...

Have a wonderful time and stay warm.

Heirlooms by Ashton House said...

Hope you make lots of progress on your Double Wedding Ring quilt! Sounds like you've got a fun weekend planned.

Cheryll said...

Ohhh...Have fun you lucky girls...
Try to at least stitch one or two stitches... cause I know the laughing and chatting doesn't need encouraging... lol

marina said...

have a wonderful weekend!
hopeyou will have lots to show and tell when you get back.

Helen said...

Have a great time at your retreat..... silly me,I'm sure you don't need telling lol.

Cheryl said...

Have a fun weekend Christine. My daughter said it did snow in Ballarat today so hope you got to see it

donna said...

Hope y'all have a wonderful time. Stay warm and be safe.
Hugs
donna

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Have the bestest weekend....

Christine said...

Have a fantastic weekend.

Cath said...

Enjoy your weekend of stitching. Gosh! I hope it not that cold that you don't want to get out of bed.....wouldn't want to miss that rare opportunity to quilt before breakfast.

Rosie said...

Sounds wonderful a weekend of stitching with friends. Enjoy.

Janet said...

Lucky you! Hope you had a wonderful time!!

kiwikid said...

Oh my goodness yo are heading in to the snow regions to day!!Have a great time!

Gina E. said...

Sounds like a great retreat despite the cold! I was in Ballarat on Saturday and it was a beautiful day even though it was still cold. We had lunch at a cafe in Sturt street and the waitress told us it had been snowing there on Friday. We were glad not to have been there then!