19 February, 2017

Friday Night Sew-In

These were the projects I took with me to stitch on 
our cruise. I did manage to get some stitching in 
while we were just relaxing by the pool.
 Finished my little bird by Gail Pan.
Also finished up my Splendid Sampler block "Blossoming" by Jenny Reynolds. This is the first Splendid Sampler 
block I have stitched. Bit behind aren't I! I'm going to look 
for a sweet little button for the heart.
Oh, I've just noticed a stray thread there.
 I started my second Splendid Sampler block. This one 
is "Stitch In The Garden" by Gail Pan.
I got a late start to Friday Night Sew-In and just stitched the little blue bird and started on the left flower.
Thank you to Wendy for hosting us. 
It was a lovely night of stitching along with friends. 
You can see what everyone got up to here.

17 comments:

Robyn Pidgeon said...

wow and how beautiful...

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Your splendid sampler blocks look lovely. Your not the only one behind.

Ondrea said...

Those blocks are so pretty. I am planning to do both of them and put them together as a wall hanging or a mini.

creations.1 said...

The 'little bit' of stitching you managed to get done is lovely.

Karen S said...

Great work with all your stitching. It was very smart to take along some little projects.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lots of lovely stitching Christine x

Christine B said...

Love your pretty little Gail Pan bird Christine and your Splendid Sampler blocks are looking beautiful! Christine x

Maria said...

Pretty stitching on your blocks Christine...

Raewyn said...

Gorgeous blocks Christine - I've not done any SS blocks but I was tempted by both of those!

Helen said...

They all look lovely Christine :)

Käthe said...

Beautiful !
Best wishes
Käthe

Fiona said...

you have started SS with pretty blocks....
Hugz

newsurfiegirl said...

What beautiful stitching. I haven't started my splendid sampler blocks yet so you are ahead of me! I love Gail Pan and Jennifer Reynolds stitcheries.

Anthea said...

Oh a cruise sounds so relaxing Christine... what could be better than stitching by the pool?!
Very pretty designs there, I'm sure you'll do a wonderful job of the blocks.

The Sloan Patch said...

Your blocks look great...simple stitcheries and appliqués are so relaxing.

Baa. xxx said...

Beautiful stitchery!

Heirlooms by Ashton House said...

Such lovely stitcheries all! I especially love the Jenny Reynolds one! You always get so much done!