07 April, 2018

Friday Night With Friends

I got an early start to FNWF yesterday afternoon and 
finally stitched the binding onto my double wedding ring quilt.
It was quite slow going but I didn't want to have to unpick. 
I think it took me nearly an hour and a half to sew it on! 
Maybe I was just being over cautious. 
 I'm on the home stretch now. Just have to do the hand stitching.
 I was a bit worried I may have miscalculated with my size estimation 
when making the binding but I didn't need to worry. 
I have about two and half metres left! Better too much than not enough!
This quilt has had a long journey. Once it's finished, I'll tell you about it.
 I continued stitching last night with Rex keeping me company 
on my lap while watching Beatrix Potter.
 I worked on the stitchery I started last weekend in Beechworth.
Thank you Chez for being a lovely hostess. 
You can see what everyone else got up to here.

16 comments:

Maria said...

Slow and steady is good. Can't wait to see it finished bet you can't either....

Rex on your knee ? It's a wonder you could stitch. He's a big boy..

marina said...

cant wait to see your wedding ring completed, it's so amazing.
always lovely to stitch in such lovely company..

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I have seen too many wedding ring quilts ruined by a poor binding - taking time and care to such a classic beauty is key.

kiwikid said...

Your binding looks great Christine, better to go slow than unpick! Going around all the curves I would imagine you need to go slow anyway. Looking forward to seeing your quilt finished. Your stitchery is pretty.

Lin said...

From what I can see your double wedding ring looks gorgeous and the binding just perfect. Such a long journey I am sure so I am looking forward to hearing about it. Pretty stitchery. xx

Jo said...

That binding does take time. You are now set for the relaxing home stretch of hand stitching...

retdairyqueen said...

A productive night and looking great

Narelle said...

Oh I can't wait to see the finished quilt ... looking stunning :)

Anthea said...

Slowly & carefully is definitely the way to go Christine, with the curves & tight areas on this beautiful quilt... I look forward to reading the story of this quilt.

Anne Ida said...

OMG! Always in awe of anyone finishing a double wedding ring quilt! look forward to seeing the finished quilt and reading your story.
Lovely stitchery!

Kaisievic said...

Sewing the binding on is very hard work, Christine, well done!

ellieshomemadehome.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful work on the binding. Love the little stitchery. :)

Karen S said...

This is going to look lovely. Glad you have plenty of fabric. Nothing worse than running out.
Gorgeous stitchery, too.

Karen said...

Can't wait to see it all finished. It looks amazing.

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Christine your quilt looks lovely. Congratulations on a great finish, well done. Lovely stitchery. Enjoy the weekend.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Your wedding quilt is fantastic! Beautiful binding too, and sewn with care!