20 May, 2018

Friday Night Sew-In For May

 Friday started out with some preparation work. 
I cut out the fabrics for the sewing kit I am making.
 Next up was eight bias strips ready for making folded stars. 
On Saturday, our Chit Chat Crafters group were meeting at our place
and I was showing them how to make the stars.
 FNSI continued with the girls in the Northern Hemisphere. 
I made my self two more stars while demonstrating them to the girls. 
They all made two each as well. All the different colour combinations
were lovely. I forgot to take a photo of everyone's stars.
 So now I have four folded stars to do something with!
 Finally finished the last few stitches on my needle case. 
 Stitched four hexagons together until I accidently pulled the thread 
from the needle. For some reason, I just couldn't re-thread it and my threader 
was hiding somewhere in the sewing room. I need to have a clean out!
 So I made a start on the last of these stitcheries for little banners.
A bit of stitching was achieved in between all the chatting and eating!
Thank you to Wendy for being such a lovely hostess.
You can see what everyone else got up to here.

10 comments:

Lin said...

What a busy time - I love the little stars. xx

Maria said...

You had a great two evenings/days stitching and worked on a few projects.
Stars look great and I look forward to seeing the sewing case put together.
Did you have a needle threaded to work on the christmas stitchery ??

Anthea said...

They are very pretty fabrics for your project Christine!

Susie H said...

Love your sewing stars. A long time ago (sometime in the early 90s! Ha!) while we were stationed in Hawaii, I learned to make those stars but we used tapa leaves, what the Hawaiians used to make mats. Wish I could remember how to make those stars now! The stitcheries are lovely too. ❤

Karen said...

Lovely to see all the bits you are making and sewing. The stars are really cute!

Christine B said...

Looks like you had a lovely time Christine and your folded stars are really clever! Love the different combinations of colours! Christine x

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Wow you were busy! Your little stars are the sweetest.

Kaisievic said...

Looks like you had a great FNSI, Christine. 😸

ellieshomemadehome.blogspot.com said...

The little stars are great and your stitching is beautiful, so neat :)

Karen's Korner said...

Such cute little stars. A busy night at your house.