04 November, 2018

FNWF and A First Prize!

Friday night Noel and I went down to my Mum and Dad's to have fish and chips for tea. The shop near them has the best fish and chips. We've been going there for nearly 40 years and it's still the same man running it with his family!
 
My plan was to work on my Christmas stitchery while there but I 
left my glasses at home! Hence, no stitching was done!
So I joined the ladies in the Northern Hemisphere on Saturday and stitched 
along with them while binge watching Alias Grace on Netflix. 
This project is slowly coming along.
 Thanks to Chez at Gone Stitchin' for being such a lovely hostess.
 Today, Noel, Nelson and I went to the Whittlesea Agricultural Show. I had entered my Double Wedding ring quilt and got such a surprise to see I had won first prize. Over all the years I have entered quilts, this is the first time I have ever got a first. I've had many 2nd and 3rd prizes. So, needless to say, I was very excited!

15 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Congratulations on a well deserved ribbon on this beautiful quilt. Love your Christmas stitchery, too.

marina said...

Congrats on your blue ribbon, well deserved!
Great stitching too.

Maria said...

Congratulations Christine. It is an amazing quilt.

Fish and chips look great. Nice to enjoy them with the olds....
Lovely you got to stitch along with the Northern Hemisphere girls....

Radka said...

Congratulation on your first!
xx

Karen said...

Wow! Awesome you!! No wonder tho' your quilt is beautiful!. Those fish and chips look so yummy.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Congratulations on your win....how exciting! I would be the same....no glasses no stitching!

Karen S said...

Congratulations on your first prize. very exciting.

Narelle said...

Congratulations, well deserved with your gorgeous quilt.
Fis and chips look yummy.

kiwikid said...

Congratulations Christine, well deserved win, you have made a stunning quilt. Love the stitchery too...so good to find a good fish and chip place!

Kaisievic said...

Congratulations, Christine - a well deserved win! I bet that you were over the moon.

Cheryll said...

Congrats on your WiN... the quilt is beautiful... xox

creations.1 said...

Congratulations Christine - gorgeous quilt. Fish and chips - one of my favourite meals - operated for one family for 40 years - how special is that!!

Lin said...

Congratulations on your win Christine - it is a stunning quilt. The fish and chips look great! xx

Jenny of Elefantz said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Your quilt is simply gorgeous, Christine.
Forty years - wow, they must have a wonderful recipe for fish and chips if they've gone that long. Yummo!

sanpiseth40 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.