25 November, 2018

Friday Night Sew-In

This is the second FNSI for November. Somehow I missed the first one!
I got an early start on Thursday when I filled some lavender 
sachets with my homegrown and dried lavender.
Friday night I started stitching the sachets closed.
 I continued on Saturday at a stitching day with a group I'm in - 
the Chit Chat Crafters. I made this! Can you guess what it is?
 It's a mini pop-up thread bin.
It's to go with the sewing set I'm making. 
Just one more thing to be made and the set will be complete.
Thanks to Wendy at Sugarlane Designs for hosting us. 
You can see what other got up to here.

10 comments:

Jo said...

It's a lovely looking set.

Maria said...

Oh I bet those lavender bags smell gorgeous....
The wee pop up thread bin is cute and your sewing set is beautiful Christine.

Julie said...

Beautiful creations Christine. I love the fabrics you have used for your lavender bags ... I have been making coathangers with lavender sachets attached --- I adore the smell of dried lavender.

Karen said...

How fun is the pop up bag. Love it. Hmmm....all those lovely lavender bags are so sweet.

ellieshomemadehome.blogspot.com said...

I love what you have done. At the moment I use a sewing theme mug for threads but love your little bin. Your lavender bags are really sweet and nice that it is your own. Beautiful work on your stitching bundle :)

Cheryll said...

That's going to be a gorgeous set Christine. I love it... xox

kiwikid said...

Beautiful set Christine, I bet the lavender bags smell wonderful. You have used very pretty colours.

Lin said...

Pretty thread catcher Christine and you have used some lovely fabrics for your lavender sachets. xx

Karen S said...

It must smell lovely with all that lavender.
Gorgeous work on your pink set and i love the way the thread catcher folds up.

FlashinScissors said...

Hi Christine,
Visiting you from the FNSI party.
Great photos of your lavender bags ..... I seriously need to make some, I’ve been meaning to for simply ages!
Love the fabrics you used for your sewing set, and especially love the mini threadcatcher!
Barbara x