08 March, 2020

Friday Night With Friends

 My first project on Friday was cutting more strips for my new quilt.
I miscalculated how many half hexagons I needed, so back to 
the cutting board! I now need to cross cut the strips and then re-lay the 
whole quilt out so I can arrange the colours of the extra hexagons!
 Then I finished off block 10 of Lillian Elizabeth's Kitchen.
 
Saturday I continued stitching with my gorgeous friend, Melody. 
We attended the inaugural Needlework Autumn Gathering in 
Ballan hosted by Chrissie at Chrissie's Timeless Treasures Store & Studio
 I worked on block 11, stitching the little shelf and made a start 
on the spice jars. Mel and I only knew a couple of people so we spent 
more time stitching than going around the room chatting with everyone. 
It was quite strange not knowing anyone but we had a wonderful day 
and we're looking forward to the Winter Gathering in July.
 Thank you to Chez for once again being such a lovely hostess.

I'm hoping to do a post this week on my new sewing room 
now we have the house back in order from 
putting down new flooring. 
You may be a little surprised to hear what I've done!

14 comments:

Maria said...

Always great to be organised for your hexie project and I hope you have enough cut now...
The Kitchen blocks are looking lovely and I guess you are nearly done ?
Lovely to go out to a GTG with Melody and chat to her while stitching...
oh I'm so looking forward to seeing your home after the new floors and re organising.....

Karen's Korner said...

Love those retro-fabrics in the kitchen block. Looking forward to seeing your new space.

Narelle said...

Your 'kitchen' block looks great :)

CathyC said...

WOW, what gorgeous colours for your hexagons :)

Christine B said...

Some beautiful stitching Christine and I love the fabrics you have chosen for the hexagon quilt. Christine xx

Lin said...

Such a pretty block. Sounds like a great day out. xx

Susan said...

Better to have too few than too many!
Sounds like a fun day sewing.
A fresh sewing room is always invigorating!

Radka said...

I like your "kitchen" blocks :-)
xx

kiwikid said...

Your blocks are looking amazing Christine, I hope all the half hexies worked out ok. Lovely for you and Mel to have great day out, I am sure you will get to know the other ladies at the sewing days.

Raewyn said...

Your kitchen blocks are beautiful. And I love the fabrics you are using for your quilt too. The Needlework Gathering sounds fabulous - lucky you getting to go!

Cheryll said...

It was lovely having your company on FNwF.... & I love watching your embroidery quilt coming to life...xox

bongtomoun1@gmail.com said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Karen S said...

Lovely stitching. The fabrics for the hexagons are gorgeous.

Kaisievic said...

Lovely stitching, Christine and it looks like you and Melody had a lovely day out.