10 April, 2020

My New Sewing Room!

A month has gone by since my last post 
and so much has happened in that time.
 The new flooring was put down. We are so pleased with it.
 The sewing room floor.  In my last post I mentioned that you
 might be surprised to find out what I've done to my sewing room.
Well, I've given it up and Nelson now has his bedroom 
in the house and is no longer sleeping in the laundry. 
You can read about him moving in there in January 2016 in this post.
 I hadn't realised he had been out there for four years.
I think I should be awarded "Mother of the Year" 
for giving up my sewing room after nearly 25 years!
 So now my sewing room is in the laundry.
I bought a couple of book shelves as Noel pulled down 
all the shelving in the sewing room that he had built.
 Lots of cupboard space in there. 
But this sewing room is only temporary because ..............


Mitchell and Steph have bought a house! 

It is in Diamond Creek, only 2 minutes from our place and even  less from Steph's. 
They didn't think they would ever be able to afford to buy in Diamond Creek. 
We (Mitchell, Steph, Steph's parents, Noel and I) looked at it at the 
first open for inspection and we all fell in love with it. They put an offer in on the 
Sunday and it was accepted that night. We couldn't believe they got it as there
 were so many people there, all saying the same as us - "I love it".

Once Mitchell moves out, Nelson will move into his room 
as it's bigger and I'll move my sewing room back inside.

So that's enough for today.
 I'll tell you about my shortened holiday and then 
all the sewing I have been doing in another post.

5 comments:

Cheryll said...

That's wonderful news... and it will be great to get another sewing place inside again... Good Luck with the moving again...xox

Maria said...

Lots of great things happening at your place....
Nelson now sleeping inside and you do deserve " Mother of the Year" for giving up your lovely new sewing space BUT only for awhile as it's so exciting that Mitchell and Steph have bought their first home together and so close to all the family too.
Enjoy Easter at HOME with your family....

kiwikid said...

Wonderful news for Mitchell and Steph, not easy to get into the housing market. Your flooring looks wonderful Christine, more moves on the horizon for you, good you still have a sewing room.

Karen S said...

Very exciting news at your place. Lovely to see in the middle of all that is happening that some normal things like house buying can happen.
You will be very experienced at moving rooms when all of this is finished. Glad you still have somewhere to sew.

Peter parker said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.