16 April, 2020

A Quick Trip and Sewing!

 Mum and I had booked a five night package to Port Douglas last year and we finally got to go. But it turned into a two night stay in the end. We arrived in Queensland to reports that there was talk of closing the state borders. We made the decision to change our flights and came home early. We also made the decision to self isolate when we got back after sitting in close quarters on the plane just to be sure. What Noel and the boys thought would be five nights being bachelors turned into more! I think they survived all the cooking and shopping but they were glad when I came home!
 I had Noel bring my machine over to Mum's which was great. 
I was able to finish the quilt I had started just before I left.
The fabrics are Scrumptious by Bonnie and Camille. 
I was given the bundle for my 50th birthday from my lovely quilting friends. 
I got it all put together in about five days.
 I also finished some of my Lillian Elizabeth's Kitchen blocks. 
This is block 11.
 Block 13.
 Block 14.
 Block 15.
 I ran out of red thread but now have some more so will 
be able to finish the last two blocks. This is block 12.
Block 16. Then to design the layout and add 
the embellishments (buttons, vintage lace, ric rac, doilies).
Two week's at Mum's was very productive for me.

I hope everyone is well and stay safe.

8 comments:

Julie said...

So sorry your trip was cut short Christine but it looks like you sure were very productive at your Mums. I have started my Jenny of elefantz kitchen blocks now but they are slow going. Yours are looking wonderful. Take care xx

Maria said...

Maybe Mum and you can go on another trip next year?
Was great Noel could drop off you machine and as you had time to work on your projects..
I thought the pretty quilt was Paper pieced hexies but they are a clever way of doing them.. Look fabulous..
Very good progress on the stitched blocks. Did wonder where 12 went but see you did get it finished..

kiwikid said...

Sorry to hear your trip was a short one Christine, but you have been so productive, so good your hubby could drop off your machine. Your blocks are all beautiful.

Cheryll said...

A shame about your short stay in Port Douglas... but this virus has disrupted every aspect of our lives hasn't it.
Nice work at your Mums though... great progress.
Stay safe...xox

Karen S said...

I am so pleased you were able to get home safe and well.
And I am impressed with how much sewing you have done. Your quilt is looking gorgeous. And all the lovely stitching is delightful.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

A very special time for the two of you to be together, despite leaving Port Douglas early. xx

Kaisievic said...

Wow! Great work, Christine, shame about your trip with your mum but at least there was a silver lining with all the patchwork and stitching that you have been able to do.

Karen said...

Sad to hear your holiday got cut short but you still got to spend quality time with your mum, and your quilt finish is gorgeous! Hannah and I have been quilting and stitching too, and baking. Nearly the end of our fourth week. I think I am ready for coffee with friends now for sure.