01 February, 2024

Chookshed Stitchers 2024 Challenge - January

It's the first of February and I'm a bit late to report on our 
Chookshed Stitchers 2024 Challenge projects.
January was project #6 which I had listed as Mystery Project #1.

 
My January project was for my soon to be daughter-in-law, Paris.


Now that I gifted these to Paris at her 
Bridal Shower I can share photos.
 
I made Paris a covered hanger for her wedding dress. 
It is made from the same fabric that my wedding dress 
was made of. My brother and I made my wedding dress 
and I still had left over fabric. I would have happily cut 
up my actual dress to make the hanger as having three boys, 
no-one was going to want to wear it!

I also made Paris a garter to wear on their special day. 
I couldn't find a nice charm so added the drop pearl bead.
My wedding headpiece (above) was also handmade 
using some of these beads so again I 
have added a touch of our wedding to Paris and Austin's.
 
 Deana has now announced our February project number.
Number 2 on my list is Mystery Project #2. 
You may have now guessed that it's something to do with 
the wedding so you'll have to wait a bit to find out what it is!

I haven't forgotten about sharing our amazing 
two month trip to Scotland and England. 
After hours and hours (and hours), 
I have finally got my photos sorted into order. 
When they uploaded, they were all over the place so I manually 
went through my phone and renumbered everything in date order. 
All 4342 of them!
 
Hopefully it won't take me too long but as the wedding 
is in three weeks, I might be a little busy!

9 comments:

Maria said...

Beautiful gifts you made for Paris from the special material.
I’m sure she’ll treasure them.
You will definitely be busy over the next few weeks so be great to see No2 later.

loulee said...

Beautiful wedding day gifts.

kiwikid said...

Beautiful gifts for Paris, lovely to have the family connection. Busy times coming up for you.

dq said...

Those cupcakes are gorgeous!!! Did you make them too?

Your handmade items for the wedding are so meaningful especially the head piece!

Janice said...

What very special gifts for Paris. They have such a lovely meaning. I bet she was thrilled. The cupcakes are so cute. It is a lovely photo of you both.

Lin said...

Lovely gifts for Paris - good luck with the next Mystery! xx

Ondrea said...

Lol re your photos. I am still sorting mine from a month's overseas trip almost 9 years ago! You have made some beautiful gifts for Paris. You are obviously very excited.

Chookyblue...... said...

such special gifts to give to Paris........hmmm.........might have to zoom to find out what your making this month........

Jenny of Elefantz said...

What a very special heirloom gift you have made, Christine! Must be very exciting with the wedding so close now. 💓