24 February, 2024

Chookshed Stitchers 2024 Challenge - February

It's nearly the end of February and time to share 
our next Chookshed Stitchers 2024 Challenge projects. 
I had listed Project #2 as a mystery but now it is gifted, 
I can share it with you.

This is the quilt I made for Austin and Paris 
on the occasion of their marriage.
Being a modern quilt, I was so out of my 
comfort zone as I don't "do modern"! 
But I have to say I am very pleased 
with how it turned out. I made it for the 
back of their couch, especially for 
Paris as she loves to curl up under a blanket watching tv!

I also made Paris a wedding charm. 
Decided not to make a horseshoe as I wanted to stitch 
the monogram I had stitched onto the covered hanger
I had made for her bridal shower. 
Again I used the same fabric from my wedding dress. 
The ribbon rose was also from my wedding dress.
For Austin, I embroidered a hanky for him 
to have in his pocket at their wedding.
Well, today is the big day!
I'll have lots of photos to share with you.
 
I haven't forgotten about my Scotland 
photos but I've been a bit busy. 
I'll get to them soon!

8 comments:

Kim said...

Christine, the wedding quilt you fashioned for the happy couple is gorgeous. The graduating greys look fabulous. How lovely to make the little wedding charm heart and the hankie from your wedding dress fabric...so special. Many congratulations to you and your loved ones on this most momentous day.

Janice said...

What a beautiful quilt. The colour shading is perfect. The charm and handkerchief are such special tokens for the big day. I love how the heart has something old, something new and something blue all included. Enjoy the day.

kiwikid said...

Beautiful quilt for the happy couple Christine, you did really well considering you were out of your comfort zone! Beautiful heart and hanky, so lovely for them to have something with family meaning.

Lin said...

Beautiful quilt Christine - I do love that design and your graduation of colour is perfect. Love the little extras you made too. Hope its a wonderful day. xx

Sharm said...

Oh the quilt is amazing!!! and I love the items you made for Paris and Austin! May they have many years ahead of them! We celebrated our 39th wedding anniversary on the 23rd!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Wow, that is just stunning! Great job on getting it done! I am sure it will be treasured xx

Karen S said...

That is a lovely quilt and a very special one as well.
I hope the day was amazing!

dq said...

The quilt is lovely. I like how the color gets darker as it drops down.