09 June, 2017

A Wedding And A Quilt!

 These two gorgeous little girls were my flower girls. Michelle is on the left and Krystina on the right.
Twenty-two years later, the two of them
have grown into beautiful women.
 Last Saturday Michelle and Matt "Said I Do"
 This is Cheryl, the mother of the bride. 
Cheryl and I have been friends for forty years!
 Krystina and Michelle consider the boys their cousins.
 Having fun on the dance floor.
I can finally show you the quilt I'd been making for Michelle and Matt. Their house is very modern and Michelle didn't want anything florally. I have to admit I was so out of my comfort zone with this. From buying the fabrics, to designing the quilt. But I'm pleased with how it turned out.
I used this painting they have in the lounge as inspiration. It took me a while to work out how to do the woven corner.
It is to go over the back of the couch.
 The back of the quilt.
 A close-up of the quilting.
It was a lovely wedding and we all had a wonderful time.

8 comments:

Ondrea said...

You have down an awesome job with that gorgeous quilt! How clever are you!! Lovely pics of you all. Such a beautiful gift of love.

kiwikid said...

That is a beautiful quilt Christine, well done!!! Are you sure you were out of your comfort zone?? That is a beautiful wedding present. So good to have that long friendship connection. Beautiful photos of everyone.

Leanne said...

Its a beautiful quilt Christine.

Helen said...

Beautiful work the quilt looks wonderful, perfect weeding present. Looks like you are a natural with the modern quilts. Beautiful photos.

Karen S said...

How lovely to have a special family connections through the weddings.
Great work with the quilt. I think it is a beautiful gift.

Baa. xxx said...

What a great wedding present. Old friends are the best!

Maria said...

How special to make a quilt for your flower girl on her wedding day..
Looks fabulous Christine.. great job of a modern quilt.

Kaisievic said...

Gorgeous quilt for a gorgeous couple.