11 January, 2017

First Finish For 2017!

 Do you remember my Tree of Christmas Cheer?
Well, I thought I would make one for
my lovely friend, Melody for Christmas.
I know how much Mel loves Tilda fabric and decided I 
would make her one to have out all year long. 
So I guess, technically, it is not a Tree of Christmas Cheer 
but a pretty Tree of Friendship!
I found some lovely vintage buttons in my 
button jar that matched perfectly.
This is my first finish for 2017. I actually finished it 
last month but have only just caught up with Mel 
to give it to her. I wanted to keep it a secret!

17 comments:

creations.1 said...

Beautiful!

Jo said...

It looks lovely. I'm sure Mel was thrilled with it.. I haven't looked at mine yet

Michelle Ridgway said...

Its a lovely finish Christine x

Ondrea said...

How beautiful and thoughtful. Well done!

Elyte said...

A very pretty and thoughtful gift for Mel.

kiwikid said...

Beautiful, and lovely gesture.

Shortbread and Ginger said...

What a great idea - it is lovely!

Anthea said...

It's just gorgeous Christine - love those Tilda fabrics & the buttons finish it so pretty - what a lovely token of friendship!
x

Christine B said...

What a lovely idea and a perfect gift Christine! Great first finish of 2017! Christine x

Kaisievic said...

Oh, my goodness, this is so very lovely, Christine! I just love it and I bet Mel does, too. How thought and generous of you.

Barbie G said...

You are off to a flying start for 2017, 2 new quilts as well, now to keep it up !

Melody said...

Thank you for my gorgeous Christmas present. So lovely I can have it in display all year around.

Pidgeon Patch said...

What a beautiful gift and idea.... Mel will love it...

Clara said...

Love this tree of friendship!

Maria said...

Lovely " tree of friendship" you made for Mel..

Jindi's Cottage said...

Beautiful Christine...great idea to adapt the tree for year round enjoyment and perfect re-naming to Tree of Friendship...

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Beautiful.