10 January, 2017

Off To A Productive Start To The Year

 Just before Christmas we bought a new lounge suite. 
We put a couple of quilts over the backs of the couches and I decided I would make some new ones.
Having decided to use my Vintage Modern 
layer cake, I decided on a simple brick pattern 
for the three seater couch.
 For the two seater, I used my Vintage Modern charm pack. 
I just love the simplicity of squares (and rectangles).
Then, using my Bonnie and Camille's Designer Select 
Fat Quarter Bundle that I received for Christmas a 
couple of years ago, I pieced the backings.
 We will now have two reversible quilts for the lounge.

Two quilt tops and two pieced backings 
in one week. That's a record for me!
My Bonnie and Camille stash has now been reduced 
by quite a bit. Just a few smaller and scrappy pieces 
left to play with. Although I do still have my bundle 
of Scrumptious that I just keep admiring! 

Now to head off to my favourite quilter to get her 
to work her magic with these two!

15 comments:

kiwikid said...

That is really fast work Christine, they will look fantastic on the couches.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What pretty dressing up these will make - wonderful job!

Leanne said...

Your quilts are gorgeous Christine.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

They look amazing... love the lounges πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

Baa. xxx said...

They are looking great. So fast!

Sharm said...

They look great! Who does your quilting?

Christine B said...

Wow Christine.... you are on fire... you have made such a great start to 2017.... I haven't even had the cover off my sewing machine yet!! Your quilts are fabulous.... nothing beats the simplicity of square and rectangles... beautiful! Christine x

creations.1 said...

You have been a busy girl - love the finished tops!

Fiona said...

so pretty and fresh...
Hugz

Elyte said...

Great work Christine, lovely results.

Anthea said...

They both look great Christine!
What a great way to use your precious B&C fabrics without cutting into tiny pieces.
x

marina said...

well done Christine...
they look gorgeous and will compliment the new couches beautifully.

Melody said...

Looking great Christne. The whole room looks so bright and happy.

Maria said...

WOW Christine how did I miss this post with your lovely new lounge... did see the pretty quilts on FB...look great on the lounge...

Karen S said...

I think you have used your gorgeous fabric really well in these tops and backing. Can't wait to see what the quilter does.