07 January, 2017

First FNWF For 2017

Last week I finally cut into my Vintage Modern layer cake. We have bought two new couches and I decided I would make new quilts to go over the back of them.
Molly was an excellent helper and advised me 
where to place some of the blocks!
 
All laid out ready to sew together. I'll show you the finished top another day. This is for the three seater couch.
Here's a little peek.
 Being holiday time, I got an early start to FNWF.
 
Rather than buying backing, I decided to 
piece together some of my Bonnie and Camille's 
Designer Select Fat Quarter Bundle that
 I received for Christmas a couple of years ago.
 All sorted and ready for piecing.
 I also had a charm pack of Vintage Modern 
so I've used that for the two seater couch.
 Today I plan to piece both of these lots together. Then to work out the backing for the smaller quilt. I think I should have enough left from the bundle to also back this one. 
The quilts will then be reversible!
Thank you to Chez for hosting us for 

20 comments:

Elyte said...

Your projects are lovely. Great to use up your stash.

simplestitches said...

lovely colours!

creations.1 said...

Beautiful fabrics - your new lounges will look extra swish!!

Ondrea said...

THat quilt is going to look beautiful. I love patchwork backings. You are on a roll girl!

kiwikid said...

You got heaps organised and sewn Christine, so good to be able to work from your stash. Great tomhave double sided quilts too.

Karen's Korner said...

Your helper has done a great job. Such pretty fabrics.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

These quilts are going to be so pretty and welcoming!

Sharm said...

The blocks look great, can't wait to see them on the new lounges

The Patch Craft said...

Fantastic I have this in my stash too

Baa. xxx said...

Love Vintage Modern - can't wait to see what they both look like finished. They will look super on your new furniture.

Jo said...

Good work to use up some stash. Love all the colours. Reversible quilts sounds great.

Anne Ida said...

Looks like you had lots of fun playing with lovely fabric :-)

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely work. How nice to have nice new quilts for your new sofas.

Michell said...

Oh I love Vintage Modern. Those quilts are going to look lovely

Jindi's Cottage said...

New couches definitely needs new quilts and what's not to love with Bonnie & Camille fabrics...great to have the quilts reversible, redecorate without effort by flipping them over! Good work Molly!

Cheryll said...

Those colours are so pretty. I'm sure they will look wonderful over the couch...xox

Christine B said...

Such beautiful fabrics Christine.... the quilts are going to look fabulous! Christine x

Karen S said...

Great start to the New Year with these quilt preparations.

Raewyn said...

The fabrics are gorgeous and will sew up into beautiful quilts - looks like an awesome Friday Sew-in!

Quiltingchemist said...

Such pretty colors. The quilt is coming along beautifully.