19 March, 2017

Friday Night Sew-In

 I finished stitching the binding down on my 
Vintage Modern quilt for the smaller couch.
I think Molly approves.
Here's the back. I decided to use the off cuts from the backing to make the binding. I really like how it turned out.
 A close-up of the quilting.
Then did a little more calculating for a special project I have. I must admit I am very out of my comfort zone with these fabrics. It is going to be a modern quilt!
Thank you for being such a lovely hostess Wendy.

11 comments:

Maria said...

Love ❤️ that quilt.. looks great on the new lounge and Molly thinks sew too!

Oh nice fabrics for your new project... would be fabulous for my next project to , an Elephants 🐘 Quilt..

Karen's Korner said...

The variegated binding looks great. Nice work.

The Sloan Patch said...

Beautiful quilt...well done. Your new special project looks interesting...

Baa. xxx said...

It looks so good 9on the sofa! Love the quilting!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Beautiful quilt and looks so lovely on your sofa. That pile of blues thrills me (my fav color).

Janet said...

Lovely finish!! The new fabrics look great!

Cheryll said...

Nice finish Christine... and I look forward to seeing your "blue" creation in the future...xox

Christine B said...

Your quilt looks fabulous Christine.... such beautiful quilting too! Have a lovely week! Christine x

Anthea said...

What a beautiful finish Christine... love B&C fabrics... Molly looks very impressed too :)

Karen S said...

This is a lovely finish with that gorgeous quilting.

Julie said...

Gosh Christine - that quilt is so beautiful. I love your fabrics ... it looks wonderful on your couch too. Molly is so cute sitting there. Have a great weekend Christine.