07 November, 2015

Friday Night With Friends - What I Worked On

I worked on my Vintage Kitchen wall hanging.
 The borders are now on.
I took Jo's advice and added an extra strip to the binding
fabric to make it wide enough to do double binding.
It worked perfectly. Once it is stitched down, you will never know I didn't have enough fabric. Now I just need to go through my stash to see what I can use as backing.  

Thanks to Chez for hosting us last night. 
You can see who else was stitching along here.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine I am so glad this worked for you as it goes so well with the other fabric.xx

Maria said...

Sew pleased you worked out the borders. Looks great.

Käthe said...

Christine, das sieht ja wunderschön aus !
Liebe Grüße
Käthe

Gina said...

I love how the wallhanging looks. Unfortunately I've no room in my kitchen for one xx

Snoodles said...

Great job! Looks awesome!

Helen said...

Looks gorgeous so happy the binding worked out for you :)

creations.1 said...

Looks great - pleased Jo's idea worked for you!

Deb R said...

A lovely finish Christine!

Melody said...

Looks fabulous, Christine

kiwikid said...

So pleased it worked out for you Christine, it looks wonderful.

Christine B said...

Glad you got the binding sorted Christine! xx

Bev C said...

Hello Christine,

Love the border fabric, good luck with the finishing.

Happy days
Bev.

Anthea said...

Great idea with the binding Christine... I love-love-love that red & print for the border, it's perfect for the hanging!

Linda in Calif. said...

The blue is the perfect color for your lovely quilt. It's so fun to put binding on and a quilt is finished.

Janet said...

What a great project! I love the red and blue together. And what a great trick for the binding - I'll have to remember that in case I am ever in such trouble.

Baa. xxx said...

That's clever for the binding. I will have to remember that. I love clever tips and tricks like that - so helpful.