04 November, 2015

What's For Dinner?

I'm joining Cath over at Cath@Home for her  
Cath shares some delicious recipes and tips.

Today I'm sharing my Tuna Slice recipe. This is a recipe my Mum would make when we were still at home. It is quick and easy and can be prepared early in the day and just popped in the oven when you're ready. It's lovely the next day too. 

Christine's Tuna Slice
 425g tin tuna, drained
1 onion, chopped
3 eggs, lightly beaten
125g savoury biscuits, crushed 
(water crackers, savoury shapes, any leftover crackers)
1 cup milk
125g grated tasty cheese
Curry powder to taste
Extra grated cheese for top
 
Combine all ingredients and place into greased dish 
(I use a pyrex rectangle baking dish).   
Sprinkle extra grated cheese on top.
 
Bake in moderate oven 30 minutes or until golden brown.   
Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.

Can be served either hot or cold.  
Great for picnics.
 
I served ours up with herby potato wedges,
peas, corn and carrots. It's also lovely with salad.

Head over here to Cath's to see what other 
yummy recipes have been linked up.


14 comments:

kiwikid said...

That looks really good Christine!

Anonymous said...

wow i am going to try this one,thankyou for sharing Christine xx

Cath said...

Oooooh, looks and sounds very yummy....would be excellent for when you have to take a plate too I would imagine...thanks for sharing Christine and Linking up at What's for Dinner....and....for putting the link on your post
ps...love herby potatoes...infact any potatoes!

Libster said...

this looks good! I shall be able to make this without having to send someone to the shops for me to get ingredients... you dont realise how much take for granted when you cant just walk to the shops or even drive your car.

Gina said...

Looks scrummy xx

barb's creations said...

This sounds really lovely Christine will have to give it a go soon :) Barb.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

That looks so good 💖💖

Cheryl said...

That sounds so yummy. Thanks for sharing Christine

Christine B said...

Looks delicious Christine! I will have to try it on my family! Christine x

creations.1 said...

mmm... yummo - going to try this (even tho I am the only one who eats tuna here!! A couple of days lunches for me!

Noela said...

Looking at that Christine makes me hungry even though it is just after breakfast. Hugs......

Melody said...

Looks delicious

Mrs Shepo said...

Thanks for sharing Christine, it sounds like my kind of cooking. Cheers.

Baa. xxx said...

Hmmm.....can smell it from here. Think I just might make this for tea tomorrow - Saturday. Looks nice and easy.