11 November, 2015

What's For Dinner?

with Cath over at Cath@Home.
 
 I picked up this free seafood cookbook at Woolworths 
and the Rustic Seafood Patties caught my eye.
 They were quick to put together. 
The longest part was chopping up the marinara mix.
 They were delicious and I'll definitely be making them again.

Rustic Seafood Patties

500g marinara mix, coarsely chopped
1½ cups panko breadcrumbs
2 tbs Birch & Waite Whole Egg Mayonnaise, 
plus extra to serve
2 spring onions
2 tbs chopped fresh parsley
1 tbs capers, rinsed, chopped
1 lemon, rind finely grated, cut into wedges
1 egg, lightly beaten
Vegetable oil to shallow fry
Green salad to serve

Combine marinara mix, breadcrumbs, mayonnaise, spring onion, parsley, capers, lemon rind and egg in a bowl.

Shape into small patties. Place on a baking tray lined 
with baking paper. Chill for 30 minutes.

Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook patties, in batches, for 4-5 minutes each side until golden.

Serve with green salad, extra mayonnaise 
and lemon wedges.

Notes from the cook 
  • I didn't have any spring onions, so I just chopped up some red onion. 
  • I just used the mayonnaise I had in the fridge.  
  • I also left the capers out.

Pop over and say hello to Cath. This week she has a 
Baked Chorizo Risotto recipe she is sharing.


5 comments:

Cath said...

Yummy Christine.....I love those free supermarket mags....the recipes are quick and simple, the ingredients readily available and they always work out well! Most of my recipes are sourced from them over the years. Thanks for linking up and linking back!

Melody said...

Thanks for this Christine, sounds delicious

Dasha said...

That sounds delicious! Wonder how it would go with just fish rather than the seafood mix?

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine i love the sound of this lovely dish,i tried Cathy's chorizo risotto dish and that was beautiful xx

Baa. xxx said...

Sounds yummy!